Saturday, September 12, 2009

B is for Butchered

Thursday afternoon, I decided to make Kaci a appointment with the groomers. Besides having a puppy cut when she was younger, she had never had a full blown grooming experience. I loved when Petsmart did her Puppycut. She did well, and looked nice, and it only took 2 hours if that. Unfortunately, there isn't a Petsmart (that I know of) that is around Hendersonville or Gallatin that was convenient to take her to while I was at work. So, I took her to a groomer in Hendersonville that I had found online, and had 5 star reviews, and a plus was..it was located 2 blocks up from where I work. So, Friday morning I hauled her to the groomers...got there at approximately 7:30. ((Oh, and I will keep the place nameless due to several unmentionable reasons)) Explaining to them several thoughts and facts such as 1. Kaci has allergies (she's on meds) so any sort of fancy shampoo they may have planned on using they might want to rethink it 2. Behind her ears, she had a matted clump that needed to be cut out 3. This was pretty much her first "real" grooming experience and 4. Keep her look the same, just trim up some of her thick areas. And I made sure to emphasize trim quite a few times. Thinking she would be ready around 1:00 considering that's what time I told her I would like to pick her up since we live 20 mins away, I didn't recieve a phonecall till around 5:30ish stating she would be ready by 6. WHAT THE HEC!!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I should have called and asked what was going on to begin with, but knowing that she said she would call when she was ready, I didn't want to rush the lady and get her to do a crappy job on her. When I pick her up, Kaci's still standing on the table being chopped away at. She still looks cute, but like a totally different dog...so not what I explained to her I wanted. I know it's hair, and it will grow back, but seriously?? She butchered her hair!! She might as well have shaved her!

For those who have seen her know what she looked like...but I will post a picture anyway...
Before:

After:


See how choppy she looks?? And where her matted areas were behind her ears, are now holes of shaved hair? Let's just say she will not be going back again!

OH...And just so everyone knows...we have decided that sweet Kaci was never a MaltiPom to begin with...she looks to much like an American Eskimo. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment