Saturday, September 12, 2009

Chili and Garlic Chex Mix

Tonight, we are having a few friends, and Mike's brother, Nick over for the Ohio State game! Of course we have to have some snacks for game time! I made the famous Buffalo Chicken Dip and this new recipe I found last minute (my chocolate for Puppy Chow mix didn't turn out, and this was on the side of the box! :))! I hope it's a hit...seemed yummy when I tried it!




1 bag (3 oz) fat-free butter-flavor microwave popcorn, popped
1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts
3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili powder

1. Heat oven to 300°F. In very large bowl, mix cereal, popcorn and peanuts. Drizzle with oil; toss until evenly coated.
2. In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over cereal mixture. Toss until evenly coated. Spread cereal mixture in ungreased large roasting pan.
3. Bake uncovered 15 minutes, stirring once. Spread on waxed paper to cool, about 10 minutes. Store in airtight container.
**I must say though, I did not add the peanuts and popcorn in it.**

No comments:

Post a Comment