Tuesday, October 27, 2009

And I Just Can't Hide It...

I have come to the reality that lately, as in the last month, I have been vacation minded. I have been so bad about jumping on the bandwagon in the blogging world, that I have seemed like I have abandoned it.

This past weekend was a great one, but busy I might add. I had to work late Friday night, and the hubster and I hit up the local movie theatre to see Saw VI. Gory, bloody, and scary = just what I like. Don't get me wrong, I love comedies and love stories, but there's nothin' like a movie to put you on the edge of your seat, and in your lover's arms. Needless to say, it was a good movie.

Saturday we had Mike's work over at the house for some yummy burgers and fixin's. I wish I would have gotten some pictures. I was so busy being "Good Wife and Hostess", that I forgot to bring the camera out. We laughed, and laughed, and I must say he is blessed to work with a great bunch that is our age. My hubby did a fabulous job grilling, and thankfully...he ended up being ok after synging the hair of his arms, and face. Yes, I said synging. If only I had a picture to go with this story. I look out the back door, and see my husband and the grill in gulfed in flames, with my husband turnin' burgers like nothin' was going on. Over sized flames on a small grill sitting on a wooden deck + a human being = no good. His hairless arm was the talk of the evening.

After the yummy burgers, we all headed to Death Valley Haunted Woods. I hate places like those, which you would think I would love them considering I love scary movies. No. I hate them. I hate Michael Myers. I hate the chainsaw guys. I hate Freddie Kruger. I hate them all. Luckily, I survived.

Afterwards, the hubby and I decided to head to Buffalo Wild Wings to catch the main event of the UFC fight. I think I was the only one in that place half asleep. I was tired....although I did find a new favorite beverage. It was mighty tasty, but not worth 7 bucks.

Now, the week is here, and it's almost Hump Day. I honestly don't think Sunday can get here fast enough. We are packing the truck and heading to Destin for the week. Mike and I have not been on a vacation since our honeymoon. And even our honeymoon was in Tennessee, which don't get me wrong, I loveddddddddddddddddddd our honeymoon. But I am now ready to get away. Far away. I am excited about seeing his sweet grandparents, and cousins. But I must admit with the excitement of vacation, I have had a mixture of sadness mixed it with it. I won't be spending Thanksgiving with my family this year (our family Thanksgiving is the weekend of the 8th). I promise you this, I will be thinking of everyone while I am away.

No comments:

Post a Comment