Thursday, December 18, 2008

Can I getta Tip? Tip??


I find this beyond humorous. I find this making me what to just sit there and stare at this girl tonight. Yes, I shall tell you about this fun filled evening Mike and I with my office Christmas party. It was great. Really it was. Normal time of getting off work is 5 PM. Good ol' Jennifer made some tasty Sangria that we all decided to down before leaving to our festivities. Even Carolyn joined in on our beverage. So, Mike picks me up at 5:20PM where we arrive at the Donelson Senior Citizen's Center. It was humorous in itself that we were the youngest couple there, besides our waitress. That's another story. I had never seen so many grandma's and pappaw's wanting to see the play "Scattered, Covered, Smothered"...a Waffle House Original. There was pushing, and shoving...the line to get in was what seemed to be a mile long...luckily, we were all able to squeeze in the entrance to the auditorium without getting crushed. Our waitress was an addition to the enertainment of the play. She must have apologized 50 times within an hour timespan. She told us constantly that she did not know what she was doing, and boy did she look it. I felt bad for her, because I know she was overwhelmed. UNTIL the show started and she stated that she would really like a tip because she felt like she deserved it, and that we had 2 minutes before she left, so we needed to hurry up to dig in our wallets. I mean, c'mon. All we pretty much were able to say was "wow". I had never been approached anywhere whether it be in a diner type resturant or in a fancy black tie setting. I always thought of a tip was to show gratitude and appreciation to someone for something they did. I know that people struggle out there, and every penny counts, but don't be rude about it and pretty much ask to hand over whatever we have before she leaves. That was my highlight of the evening. It was definitely amusing, and one of a kind. The food was great, and the cast members did an excellent job performing. Maybe the hubby and I might make a date out of the local Senior Citizen's Center! :)

2 comments:

  1. Is there seriously a Waffle House play?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...that is funny! I love the waffle house stories.

    ReplyDelete