Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Introducing Judith Taylor...


I have always enjoyed watching shows such as TLC's "What Not to Wear", and always wondered what they would say to be if they pulled me aside and told me what I could do to improve my "look". This morning, State Farm invited Judith Taylor, a Certified Image Professional to do a special presentation providing tips to improve our self image professionally and personally. It was so interesting. This lady has been in business for over 20 years working with designers all over the world providing us with tips on what style is for you personally and professionally, office etiquette, wardrobe including color and style, power dressing, body assessment and proportions, and so many other things.

For on the job, some key pointers were to always wear a jacket. It gives authority and once you remove the jacket, you remove you as an authorative figure. Pointed shoes are great. Going back to Early Renaissance days, when the shoe was the longest meant more wealth. That is why the joker's shoes would always be curled up so long, because of the wealth. When wearing open toed shoes, toenails should always be painted. Never be in between for fingernails...either paint them or not. Never wear more than one ring on each hand. Have a "right hand ring" to show you could make it buying one for yourself, and then your typical wedding set on the left hand. Women are judged by her purse and shoes. So if you are going to invest in something, invest in a purse and nice leather heels. Heels should be no higher than 5inch, if you can stand to wear them! 3 inch heels are professional just as well. Build your wardrobe one piece at a time by what you can afford. Wear appropriate makeup...smile, and look confident. Teeth whitening (non expensive kind) every 2 weeks. Know your style, and your colors. Not all in colors will flatter you...so stick with colors that go with your skin tone and hair color. I thought it was interesting that if you buy a man's belt...it will last longer. A man is not going to bother changing the style everytime something new comes in...so, men's accessories are made better. Men's trouser socks are a plus..they are cheaper and made better.

There are so many other interesting things I learned. I had the priviledge of speaking to Judith. Learning I should "bathe in black" was interesting. Black and denist white are key colors I should wear. Thank goodness, because I love them! Myself being "blessed" I should go with square necks if I do not wear a color...than women with "blessings" feel they have to cover themselves up, but they do not have to wear turtle necks all the time. :)

She was such a sweet lady. I wish I would have won the prize of a 4 hour consultation! Check out her website! www.professionally-yours.com

No comments:

Post a Comment