Thursday, August 6, 2009

Prayers Please.

Yesterday, I had to head to Franklin to take my Teller 2 Training. Long day of listening, and learning...and writing. Overall, the experience was great. I had a great teacher, and a class full of people who I definitely could see being friends with. With this particular bank, you go to different levels. With each level, you get more duties, and more responsibilites. There's not just one person ( known as head teller) who takes care of one job...for example the Vault. We each take a 6 month term in doing various jobs and roles.

I'm excited because with his level you recieve a $75 check for completion of a level along with a pay raise. Who wouldn't want that? The kicker though is you have to pass a Mastery Test. This test is the hardest one you take out of all the Teller training courses. The teacher yesterday (we were her first class since she took over due to the lady retiring, BUT she has had 8 yrs experience in teller, head teller and management!) took the test while we were doing our activity and she failed it. THE TEACHER FAILED IT! I'm not good at any type of test. I never have been. I can study my butt off, and then come test time, my mind goes blank from my nerves.

I have 3 weeks to pretty much cram for this test with the options of August 26, 27, and 28th to take the test. I want to say I'll take it on the 28th to give me more time, but then again, I'd rather get it over with.

My co-worker today told me he failed it the first time. That made me feel better. Not. The more I realize that alot of people failed this test, makes me realize that the chances are slim to none to passing this. I want to say I believe in myself, and that I can do it...but seriously. I don't think people realize how hard being a teller is. It's not just taking deposits and cashing checks. We're the first people, people see when they come to the bank. We're the people who take risks everyday in taking fraudulent items and breaking possible regulations. We are the people who either make or break the first impression. And that is what this tests is made up of. Decision Making. Fraudent Items. Regulations and Laws. All of that bundled up in a 50 question test.

Oh my nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment