Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Newest...

Lastnight, I attempted to try a new recipe. This dish turned out pretty good, and a plus was that Mike really enjoyed it. The good thing about it, was that it really didn't take that long to make it. I cheated, and used the Tyson Chicken in a can, because I hate boiling and shredding my chicken. I would have pictures, but I forgot to take a few shots.

It's called Deluxe-Honey Pecan Chicken Salad. Very yummy, and you have several options in preparing it.

4 c. cubed, cooked chicken
1 1/2 c. green seedless grapes
1 c. pecan pieces
1/2 c. mayonnaise or creamy salad dressing
1/4 c. sour cream
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. poppy seeds
White or black pepper, to taste
Lettuce leaves

Combine chicken, grapes and pecans in large bowl; set aside. Stir mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, poppy seeds and pepper in small bowl to blend well; add to chicken mixture. Toss well to coat.

I placed it on a fresh deli made crossaint with Swiss Cheese and a dap of Honey Mustard. Very yummy. So yummy, I'm eating it for lunch today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment