Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Job Update

I have seriously put the blog posting's on the back burner the past few days. I have been so busy it seems like with having a "real job". And I should seriously do a better job when I say "real job". I guess what I mean, is for the first time going on two years, I actually feel like I know what I'm doing, and understand 98% of it. Yes, 98% of it. Banking in general is the same..it's the same everywhere you go because the regulations are all the same. Federal Law is the law. But their own system, I am still learning.

Rewind back to Monday, the 5Th. I was so anxious. I drove to downtown Nashville, to just one of the corporate offices for orientation. Once I got there, I was calm. Everyone is the room was in the same boat I was. Afterwards, I headed to my home branch where I would actually be working. My co-workers were so warm and welcoming. I seriously could not ask for a better bunch of people to work with.

Today was my first day in a teller window running transactions and helping customers. I loved it!! Customer's seemed very patient with a newbie helping them, and just friendly in general. At the end of the day, balancing and all...I came up a dollar short. Which my head teller was awesome being that I was new to the system and we were as busy as we was. So I was relieved that it was fine...although I am determined to search high and low in my straps for that extra dollar. :)

I can honestly say, I actually look forward to going to my job now. I look forward to doing what my job title consists of. I am so thankful.

Next week I head to Franklin, Tennessee for my teller training in the class room. I'm looking forward to it! I know it will be easier to sit through the class learning and being able to apply what I am doing right now this week, with the books. (If that makes any sense!)

Hope everyone has a great day! Pray for my hubby! Tomorrow he is interviewing for an Asst Mgr's position at his branch! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment