Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend Recap!

This past weekend was not only a busy one, but a great one! After 3 long years, I (along with the others in the family) finally got to see my older brother, Michael and his wife Georgia. Atleast I am guessing it was 3 years ago, if not longer. I cherished every minute of it, every picture...and every laugh we shared. It's funny to look back on how we used to bicker and fight, only to grow up to see such a wonderful and loving man he has become. I'm so proud of who he has become. He has chased his dreams 100% and I only wish I could be more like him. The weekend just was not long enough. Him and Georgia finally got to meet Mike...which I was totally stoked about. They hit it off, and hopefully one day soon, we will both be able to take a trip to see them in California!

Mike and Michael meeting for the first time!! :)

Family Picture! ((Mike looks thrilled!))

Kaci meeting Tobi for the first time! She became very fond of chewing on his tail!

Such a great time with them!! Love it! :)

I think this picture pretty much say's it all!!

**Due to my pictures not being able to upload with my device, I owe the great photography to Mom and Dad! Hope you don't mind me stealing the pics!!**

Today was a short day for me. I didn't want to mention it to anyone, because I didn't want to hear any "I told you so's" or what not, but I finally have had the wake up call that I knew would come eventually. I have officially decided to stop 100% tanning. If I do look tan, it's gonna be completely owed to spray tan's and lotions. I went to the Dermatologist to get one mole removed. Five moles later, and a moment of coming close to passing out...I left all bandaged up. With the history of my mom, I knew that I would be hearing what I had been told all along. I cannot go outside without applying some sort of sunscreen. Thankfully, she said I do not need to live like a hermit. It's scary. It's scary to know that WHAT IF something comes back abnormal. The doctor said that she thought everything looked fine, but just to be safe, she wanted everything removed. Two on my leg, one on my arm, one on my left breast, and one in my scalp. I have learned that I can't look at needles, or the results on myself. I looked down at my arm, and slowwwwwwwly, I felt as if the life was being sucked out of me. Thankfully, I held tight to my white wash cloth and sipped my sweet tea the nurse gave me (she thought the sugar would help). So, just pray everything will be ok.

Along with having more bandages on me at one than I have ever had, I stumped my pinkie toe pretty bad. It is still throbbing. So that added two more to the number.

Right now I am waiting for my husband to arrive home. I ended up being a whiny butt, and chose to stay home and lounge on the couch instead of attending a going away party for his asst. mgr and co-worker. I just wasn't feeling like "Dave and Buster's" tonight. So, right now...I am about to head to the living room and watch a repeat of Jon & Kate Plus 8. Have a wonderful night!

1 comment: