Thursday, June 4, 2009

Not a Big City Girl

This morning was the morning I had to drive down town to turn in all of my New Hire Paper work. I made sure I had plenty of time to get there. I'm horrible with directions, I would say. I hate driving to some place new especially on a deadline. Directions in hand, I went round and round in the same exact area. Finally, I found a cop. Now, my husband laughed at me because if anyone knows him, he has always said I had a thing for badges and blue lights. He's lame. :) Luckily, I had just had to drive 2 lights up and I was there. I have never really had the desire to live in the big city. Yes, the shops are nice, and having it near by would be wonderful...but I hate traffic. I hate constant red lights every 2 feet. I just hate it. Once I got to the corporate office, I met with a sweet, young lady who was probably my age or a little younger. She told me the in's and out's of what to be expected on Monday morning. I am so excited, and honestly, I'm not that nervous. I think because I worked in a bank's environment for so long, I kind of already have my feet wet. Dress code's the same pretty much as when I worked at Wilson Bank. Pantie-hose days are in my near, near future. Speaking of dress code, what I have been allowed to wear here at SF...is so totally different that what I am going in to. So, last night I ventured out to my favorite "Boutique" as I like to call it, AKA The Goodwill. I bought 2 dresses, about 8 or 9 skirts, 1 3/4 sleeve length blouse, and 2 pairs of heels for approximately $54.00!! I am so stoked!! And I made my husband happy! Now, all I need left is to get some more blouses, and I will be set. I'm thinkin' along the lines of TJ Max or Marshalls for those. Ready or Not new job...Here I COME!!!!!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment