Thursday, January 15, 2009

8 Things & More...

So, I'm giving a nod Nicole's way for her cool little game in her posting, "Journey to Josie". I'm trying to make the day pass by a tad bit quicker. So, I thought this could make an interesting post. I believe she found this game from a fellow blogger and decided to do it, so I'm doing the same just to do it. :)



8 Things I'm Looking Forward to:

~ The weekend. Not just this one in particular...just every weekend to relax, unwind, and cherish moments with my hubby and friends. I try to leave work at work, and sometimes it's hard to do so when you have to return there the very next day.

~Jack Frost leaving Tennessee!! I'm so desperately READY for Spring and Summer to get here. I have so many things I would like to do around the house, and along with it being cold (a mere 22 degrees today). it get's dark at like 5:15ish still.

~Vacay with Amber, David and my Lovey! I am so ready to have fun, and get away...and we always have such a good time with them! I'm dying to get some new pictures taken! And with a beach being the backdrop, that make's it even nicer!

~Buying our cute, little house! I'm so ready to be able to call it Mike and Liz's. I mean it is right now, but technically on paperwork it's Jason and Amy's. We will be able to paint if we want to paint...we will be able to add things if we want to add things, and just be able to do as we please!

~Getting our first puppy. I have wanted a puppy for so long now. So long now, that I have given up on sending Mike random picture texts of sweet pups up for adoption at the humane society. I have put all faith in Mike that he knows how much I want one and has told me I will get one as soon as we buy the house. So therefore, when the times right, it will be. :)

~Planting flowers. I'm ready to try and grow myself a Green Thumb. Get out there with my knee pads and my gardening tools...and weed out the flower beds. They look hideous right now with the cold...and besides the fact they haven't been touched in so long.

~Planning a trip to Ky for a weekend to hang out with Bob, Angel and the kiddos. We're planning on going to a Cardinal's game..so I think that will be so much fun! I have never been, so it will be my first!

~Paying off our debt. Not that it is alot...but being Newlyweds...we have accumulated alittle bit of debt with our furniture and other things.



8 Things on my Wish List:
~ To be the proud new homeowners of this cute little house we are renting! I know I stated the reason's above...and for the given reason that we would be actually putting our money into something.
~To get Mike's truck paid off. As of right now, that's the only major thing that needs paying off.
~A puppy. One to love and take care of. I truly agree with the movie "Marley & Me". How could we ever think about taking on a role of a mommy and daddy when we hadn't even tried the role as master and dog owner?
~I'd love to get a new bedroom suit. I love our bedroom...the color, the vaulted ceiling and the light fixture...but the bedroom attire just doesn't matches...and literally does not match. The end table is from the Living room being used as a night stand. The bed and dresser does match, however it's more as a bachelor's bed. The enertainment center was actually going to be thrown out but we decided to keep it to put my old tv on it. I'm thankful though. We could be laying on a mattress on the floor.
~Refinish the back deck...pressure wash it, and stain it. Jason and Amy I think rarely used it, and it's an older grayish color. I would love to paint it a fresh brown...and get some nice patio furniture. Drink a yummy margarita and grill out.
~Take an all girl's trip somewhere. It's been super-duper long since that happened. It would be so much fun. Go shopping, and to a Spa for the day. So nice.
~And last but not least, I would say for my hubby, Mr. Mike Thomas...to go to the doctor for his back. Yes, yes, yes. His back kills him all of time. When I got him his massage for his birthday, they realized his has one hip higher than the other from back in his football days, which leads to his lower back hurting. He'd rather deal with the pain that get it treated. Typical Man.

8 TV Shows I like to watch:
~Jon and Kate Plus 8...yeah, I'm addicted. I love when they have the marathons on. She inspires me to be just like that when I am a mommy. Her potty training idea was the greatest. I laughed and laughed at it.
~Intervention. I usually cry during this one at some point or the other. It's so sad to see how these people are something extraordinary, and then they choose the wrong path and get addicted to something. So sad.
~The First 48. Mike and I are addicted. It makes me what to take up Forensics and being a Detective. I love seeing how they can take one strand of evidence and it play out a whole story of what happened to this person/persons.
~How It's Made. I actually learned how they make paintbrushes!! The things you don't realize it takes a person to spend so many hours create, you see right on this show!
~Wife Swap....oh man. This one's pretty funny. It makes you see just how different 2 family's are, and that no matter what....every family has problems.
~Mystery Diagnosis. I watched this one episode where this young girl suffered a car accident, and something in her brain clicked almost like a on/off switch. It made her crave water. If she went without water for so many hours, she would be in severe pain...but at first people didn't know what was wrong.
~What Not to Wear...yes, I think all females love this show. It always makes me wanna question what I may think looks fine, may not. I need them to pay me a visit! :)
~To Catch a Predator. Yes, yes, yes...It actually interests me to watch these sickos, and how they can actually prey on this "decoy". What are they thinking??

8 Things I did Yesterday:
~Took a shower...got ready for work. Ate my yummy bowl of Yogurt Cheerios before leaving.
~Tried making a menu out for what I wanted to fix throughout the week. Ended up stopping due to running out of ideas.
~Hugged and Loved on my honey for a bit. I'm trying to really make it a known thing to him not to only tell him I love him throughout the day, but show him.
~Fixed dinner....beef stew and biscuits...with a yogurt for dessert. Yummy yummy. It's great soup weather for nights so cold. Then for our movie time, I had a few Reduced Fat Vanilla Wafers. Addicted.
~Checked my Facebook, Myspace..and Blogspot. It's addicting, and although I have debated over and over again on deleting my myspace, thats sort of my enertainment for these cold nights. And until I have our Buck or KCee to enertain, or some warm weather to spend outside, it will be.
~Did 1 Load of Laundry. How can 2 people seem to go through so much laundry?
~Took a nice, hot bath and played Uno on my phone as I winded down. I have become addicted to bubble baths. Its so nice before bed!!
~Watched "Look Who's Talking" with Joh Travolta. Brought back my younger days when I would watch that at my Aunt's house. How funny for memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment