Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back on the Blogging Bandwagon...


Yes, I fell off the blogging bandwagon. After being MIA for a bit, I am here to update everyone (for you who read) on what's goin' on in the Thomas Household. Well, it's been a month and 2 days (who's counting?) since I said "I do". Crazy how time flys. While it's been amazing in alot of ways, I am not going to lie and say it's been easy. Everyday I learn how to take things alittle bit better, everyday I try to better our marriage. I try to love alittle harder, and say more uplifting things, but everyday I fall. And when the evening comes, we both come to realize that we're in this together, as a team. Woohoo for Marriage! :)
Well...I am really excited about going to this "Uppercase Living" Party. I have been eyeing all sorts of this quotes and designs, but have never been able to decide on one. They're kind of pricey, but I realized that if I am investing so much time in looking at these designs, I should get atleast one...or two, or three. Kidding. Mike and I have always visioned having an oversized clock over our sofa in the living room, and I found a quote that I think would look so good above it...."Passing the time with Good Company". I love that. And then I thought about putting in the entryway on the floor, a monogrammed "T" instead of a rug or something. But that's alittle iffy, I don't know how our Landlord would feel about a decal being on a new wooden floor. And then there's one that I want to put on a shelf with some knobs..."Hang your troubles at the door"....our house will soon be stickered out! :)
Well, Mike and I had our datenight last Friday night. It was really good. Being so busy with the holidays, and everything, we were able to just go and not have anything we were obligated to be at. We ate at Red Robin where we had a giftcard to, and then went and saw Marley & Me. You should have seen me...I cried like a baby. It struck a personal chord with me having lost a dog before, our Nudge. Although Nudge was completely different from Marley, Nudge did alot of what Marley did in the end. Even after the movie, when we got in the truck, Mike just listened to me as I explained how when adog is hurting, it can't explain it's pain. It just has to deal with it, in hopes that his owner will do something about it. It just kills me even thinking about it.
And for an update on our *Fruit Flush*.....I have seemed to procrastinate once again. I haven't started it. Mike did his protein drink yesterday....at about 12:00 he texted me saying he had to eat something or he was going to pass out. What's a wife to do?? I said "go ahead honey, but keep it light..." Mike took it as light being a Ruby Tuesday's All You Can Eat Salad Bar with the fixings. Proudly enough, he did drink water. Good job, babe.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I bawled like a baby during the movie. Mom had warned me that it was going to be bad but I didn't realize how bad.

    Bad news is that the hard work in the marriage doesn't stop. You have to continue to work on it everyday. But, it is so worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete