Thursday, May 14, 2009

Embarrassed.

As I mentioned in my last posting, I chose Subway as my pick of the day for lunch. I hurriedly make my way to the Subway 5 minutes up the road. Subway in my neck of the woods seems to be the hot spot for the local water company. I, for various reasons, wanted to make sure I was in and out before seeing any of those Water Boys.

My stomach's growling, my mouth is watering for the absolute freshest, most delicious vegetables I could get my hands on. I say politely say "6 inch Veggie on Honey Oats" to the young looking "Patel" girl behind the counter. I get it piled high to the max with everything minus jalapenos and pickles with a dab of mayo, mustard, oil & vinegar plus a sprinkle of salt and pepper. NOTE: For some reason they no longer have my whole wheat wraps. They must have brought along the Flat breads to take their place. Thumbs down.

I get up to the cash register who has such a nice little "Patel" man working behind it. "Card not working" in his foreign accent. "What? I know the funds are in there". So we tried a different card. "Card not working". At this point, I'm more embarrassed because I'm not only holding up the line, but I'm holding up the line filled with the water boys I used to take care of at the bank. You see, I try to avoid any past relationships of any kind considering that these guys used to have "words" with me. Call it what you like, but more like "hitting on me" is what I'd say. I would simply say, "Um, I'm in a relationship" and be done with it. But seeing these people now sort of is like a part of the past I really don't wanna see. Thanks to the nice little "Patel" man, he simply said, "You pay me later". I was thankful, but shocked that he would let me come back and give him money. Guess he saw how I was salivating over my Veggie Delight.

I hurriedly rushed to my bank thinking, "My husband works for you people, and my card gets denied?". Come to find out, due to the idiots trying to scam out the Retail systems throughout the community, my card got flagged. :(

Oh and by the way, I was a good girl, and took my nice little "Patel" man his money back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment