Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It Was So Good to Hear...

It's been at least 11 yrs since I have seen or spoke to my family who lives in Florida. My mom's side of the family including my Aunts, my Uncles, my cousins, any of them. I didn't even know my grandma had passed away until 3 yrs after it happened. And I guess, that is why I have always had a part of me that I felt was missing, and that was them (I know that sounds sappy, but I can't explain it any other way). Due to family disagreements, we lost touched. I was young, and really didn't have the ability or methods to keep in touch, so all of these years, things just fell apart...until last night.

My sister, Angela is heading to Winter Haven the 4th of June. I am so excited for her. I know she will have a great time. Wishing I could go, and even coming up with a plan of action, my husband and I decided that it probably wouldn't be best that I go considering just the situation with my job.

So, with that...I was able to get my Aunt Brenda's number from my sister. With lots of encouragement from my sister and my Lovey...I called. And it was just like old times when I would talk to her while she cut my hair. The memories I had of going fishing in the back yard with my Uncle Larry, seems so refreshing. It was almost like talking to my mom. The same voice, the same sense of humor. To hear about what all was going on with everyone was so nice. (I guess if that's the right word). Come to find out, the first Saturday of every April, is the Poole's family reunion. What I would do to be able to attend. My hubby has already promised that at some point in our lifetime, we will make a trip and see everyone. I would love for Mike to see a part of me that hasn't been seen in so long. I would love to show him where I grew up and went to Elementary School. I long for the day that we can do that.

Along with that, I will be definitely keeping in touch with my Aunt Brenda and Uncle Larry. They are even going to try and figure out Facebook!! :) Yayyyy!

Like I said, bottom line is, family is family, and that's all there is to it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment