Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weekend Recap

With having a sick hubby at home, nothing too exciting has happened around the Thomas household. With it being Mother's Day weekend, there was only one thing definite that was gonna happen, and that was lunch with my family on Sunday. We had a great time, although I had to leave my sickling of a hubby home. I met my parents and younger brother, Josh at Logan's for some yummy lunch. Although, I ate quite a bit, I still had leftovers to bring home. Happy Mother's Day, Mom...you deserved it!

Saturday, plans kind of changed due to my Hubs being sick. We planned to drive to Decaturville to have Mother's Day with his mom. Nothing would compare to as if we would have still gone with the plans and had to stop every 10 Min's for a restroom break. So we stayed home. At first, we thought it might have been something he ate from Friday night when we had gone to Cracker Barrel, but when is progressed further, we knew it must have been a virus...maybe the Swine Flu??!

Along with having Cracker Barrel Friday night, we headed over to Block Buster and rented 2 movies. Here are my thoughts on those...

Seven Pounds: Great movie. I would definitely give it a 10 on a 1-10 scale. A movie that makes you think, always rates high on my scorecard. I will definitely be venturing out to buy that sucker on DVD when it comes out!

And of course there was...

Twilight. We all have probably seen that one by now. Believe it or not, I had not seen that movie since it was out in theatre. Most people I know, particularly women, went and bought it when it came out. But I was not gonna pay the price that it had on the box just yet. So, we rented it the other night, and I made my Hubs watch it with me. Surprisingly, he liked it!! :) My favorite line though...is by far the, "Hold on tight, Spider Monkey!". I definitely laughed at that one for a bit, or should I say WE laughed at it for a bit.

Besides my Lovey being sick, this weekend was a good one. Happy Mother's Day to all of the dear Mother's out there and the Soon-to-be Mommies as well!! :)

1 comment: