Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What a Great Holiday Weekend

After a long day at work on Friday, I was finally able to sit back and relax for the weekend ahead. I was so looking forward to having an extra day off, and believe me...it was well needed.

Friday night we headed to a cookout at our great friends, Jaclyne and Matt's. It was so good to hang out with them. I see Jaclyne all the time, but with Matt working all the time, Mike very rarely hangs out as well. He just wouldn't have that great of a time doing girl stuff. So, we headed to the store...grabbed a few things to contribute to the cookout, and made our way to their house. Matt did a great job on the burgers. I was seriously thinkin' I was gonna die if I did not eat anything. We watched a movie called Valkrye (I know I probably misspelled that), in which everyone was asleep except Matt, so I heard.

Saturday was good. Just lounged around and hung out with the hubby. Jaclyne and I, thankfully, survived our power walking in the hottest part of the day. It felt wonderful afterwards. My calves felt as if they were being ripped in half. After that, I watched the "Marathon of Memories" of the Jon & Kate Plus 8 episodes. I still love that show, and honestly, if I could find the box set of DVDs, I would buy it. Crazy how the babies have turned 5!! I couldn't believe it. In which when I get to Monday's recap, I will tell you about the new episode I watched. So sad.

Sunday was a good day. I ended up getting my hair done, which was well needed. It was looking pretty shaggy, and raggedy. Needless to say, I am now back to being blondie. Well, with some brown in it. I love it...I'm just still getting used to it. And my sweet husband loves it too, so that makes it even better! After that, more power walking happened, and thank goodness, it was towards the evening time, so the temperature was wonderful. Both Jaclyne and I are amazed at how it is continually getting easier to breathe. When we started, we could both definitely tell, we hadn't worked out in such a long time. But day by day, it gets easier and easier.

Monday was Memorial Day, and Kaci and I drove to Glasgow, Ky to meet with my sister, Brandon and Chase...and to spend some good time with Nana and Pop Pop. Unfortunately, they were having a time with the plummer. I hate that they were having to go through that, but at least we had some great Family time. The afternoon was filled with laughter and talks of memories while Angel and I dug through boxes of pictures. I even was able to capture a few of my mom (and yes, I asked Angel if she wanted them, and she didn't). Nana gave me a cute little album I could put them in. I love looking at them, and cherish them so much. When I got back, the Hubby and I watched a movie together, and ate an early dinner together while Kaci conked out on the couch. She was worn out!! She slept for about 2 hrs straight, and then her tired little self perked up for some play time! :) I watched the new episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8. That was so sad to see how a once happy, smiling couple laughing at the day to day mistakes they made while raising couples, now has turned in to a couple obviously struggling with their marriage. So sad.

Well. Tomorrow is my interview! Ahhhh. Tonight, I am going out to get me a new outfit to wear. I'm so anxious to get this over with. I know whatever is meant to be will me. Hope you all have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment