Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Baby, It's Rainy Outside

It is one nasty day outside here in the sweet land of Tennessee! I woke up by Kaci licking me, wanting to go outside. I looked through the front glass door and said to myself (and Kaci), "Forget fixing my hair today!" You see, I am a few far and between of the girls who can wake up and magically have perfect hair. I am a girl who has to provide extra love and attention to get my hair to lay right. Yup, it takes work. So today, my loving pony-tail holder got put to great use today.

Now as of yesterday, that was one eventful, full of surprises, type day. I must brag on my hubby right now! :) He got promoted to Asst. Branch Manager at one of the branches downtown near Centennial Park! I am so happy for him! He seriously is one of the hardest working people I know. We have been praying for a door to open, and God provided that after many interviews. He checked out the branch yesterday, and said he really feels like it is going to be a good group to work with. His manager is close to his age, so he can obviously relate to him better. Yes, the commute is longer, but sometimes you have to take whatever goes with. I know he's excited! :)

Another crazy and totally unexpected thing that happened yesterday, is the Hubster got a new truck! Basically without providing the long story, is we got screwed when he purchased the last truck. The guys that sold him the truck from the dealership pretty much lied about the warranty we thought we were under. When some pretty expensive stuff started messing up, we weren't covered. With some strings pulled, and alot of discussing (AND LOTS OF STUFF PUT IN WRITING!!), we decided the best thing would be was to trade in his last truck and purchase a new one. In the long run we would be saving alot of money. It's lovely. It's a white 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab. I already warned the hubby that I will be getting a picture sometime soon of him and his new "baby".

(( Not the exact picture I wanted to use, but it will have to do for now! I'll get a better pic soon!))

No comments:

Post a Comment