Thursday, July 16, 2009

Book Sale

Since I have gotten older, I have begun to have the desire to read. It's funny how when I was in Highschool, and even after...pretty much during my single days, reading was the farthest from my interests. I was always out and about with friends, and dating one guy after another. But now since I have become more of a homebody, I have wanted to get in to reading. The funny thing is, is I have a couple more books of Twilight, but honestly I don't really care to finish them up right now. Eventually, maybe yes...but right now, no.

So, today during my lunch, I headed to the Hendersonville Library. It's a big, beautiful, two-story brick building sitting out in a patch of trees. I already knew there was a chance they wouldn't let me get a card since I wasn't a resident of Sumner County, but thankfully since I had a card with a Wilson County Library, I was able to get what is known as a TLI card which basically I can only get a maximum of 2 items...2 books, 2 audios, anything. So that's not bad at all. The best thing that happened during my experience at the library, was that they were having a book sale!! :) I am so excited about what I bought. And not to mention, they were all 1/2 off. So I got 4 books for 5 Bucks.


This is one that I am most anxious to read. Taken place in the backwoods of Mississippi in 1943, Jewel and her husband give birth to their last child. Jewell learns to understand the lesson of learning to love what she feels is a burden, and seeing that this is God's way of smiling down on her.

It seems like it could be a tear jerker. I will definitely let you know my review on it when I am done!


This is a book I was kind of hesitant about getting, but crazy enough..I kept finding myself going back to it. My reason why I was hesitant about it was for one it's about a woman whose marriage is falling apart. After finding a note from her husband, humiliated and shocked...Mary Bliss finds herself telling a little white lie after another, until all of her white lies snowballs in to one. I thought for $1.50 it was worth a try.


About this pick, I honestly have no clue, but for the most part ever since seeing her on Regis & Kathy Lee way back, I have been interested in her, and her life.


What an awesome lady. Her determination and strength would be only a few reason's as to why I snatched this. When I feel like I can't do something, or can't achieve a goal, I should always remember what Helen Keller went through. I am so happy to have this book waiting on my bookshelf to read!

**Reviews to come later!**

No comments:

Post a Comment