Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Kaci's First Sleepover Away From Home...

Kaci is having her first sleep over. Sounds pretty humorous, doesn't it? Maybe I have gone bazerk over this animal...treating her like my baby. But honestly, it is hard not to. This is the first pet that I have had of my own, like mine and Mikes. I have become so attatched to this animal, that sometimes I think to myself, "what is gonna happen when something happens to her?". I know God made animals to be companions to people, but seriously. So, I found myself thinkin' to myself "what am I gonna do about Kaci when we go out of town?". I didn't realize just how protective I would be over an animal. I found myself looking at each person I knew, finding reasons why I didn't think Kaci should stay with them. For example, I didn't want her being left outside in this heat so they could go about their daily activities. I didn't want her staying with anyone who would introduce her to people food (and yes, Mike and I are sticklers about that). After looking at several different kennels, I finally made the decision of one. It's called "Abby's Bed & Biskit" located in Hendersonville. I feel really comfortable leaving her in their care. The people there seem really sweet, not to mention it's owned by a father and daughter. The facility itself seemed very clean, and organized. She will even be attending what's called "Doggie Daycare", having the opportunity to play with other dogs her age and size. Hopefully, she will do well, and this can be a place she can stay at in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment