Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Busy Bees!

This past weekend my husband, Mike...along with my older sister, Angela and her husband, Bob piled up in the ol' Ram, and headed about an hour South of Atlanta. We left Friday night about 8:30ish and arrived about 2 in the morning at the Best Western in Griffin, Georgia. I must say, after swimming for about 10 minutes with my sister, that hotel bed sure felt compfy. There's nothing like having the hotel's air conditioner on full blast with those hotel blankets.

Saturday, we woke up and got ready to be picked up by Amber and our mom to head to Aubry's house (Amber's cousin) for a celebration for Olivia Kate! It was literally like a sea of pink! We had the best time ooing and awhing over every piece of clothing, and baby necessities Amber recieved. Let's just say that lil' girl is gonna be one little stylish baby! Oh I just cannot wait till she gets here! And I know I'm not the only one! Amber is about 8 mths pregnant. When I asked what she felt like now these days...she replied, "Uncomfortable". I've never been pregnant, so I can only imagine what all it feels like.

((I once again did not have my charger, so I'm gonna have to snag some pics from Amber's page which I think came from my dad's facebook! :)))

While us gal's attended the baby shower, our guys headed to a local golf course for what was supposed to be a game of 9 holes...became a game of 18. Supposedly, they weren't able to finish, and got to hole 12. Saturday evening, we headed to a local resturant called, "Buffalos". I had never been there, nor heard of it, but it was mighty delicious. Come to find out, Mom said they are putting one in Hermitage, which is about 25 mins from where Mike and I live. Woohoo! At that point, I was feeling the tiredness. It was fun eating, and laughing talking about everything under the sun. After dinner, we all pretty much went our separate ways. The 4 of us headed back to our hotel, and Amber and the rest went back to her house.

Once we got back to the hotel, Angela and I decided to take a dip in the pool. Turns out there was snake in the pool wrapped around the ladder. It was like out of a movie. Once I saw a man walking toward his car that looked like he could do the job, he came over kicked the snake off the ladder. At that point, Angela and I were just in amazement that he himself wasn't scared like our fellas. Once the snake got to the other side, he reached in with one hand, yanked the snake out of the pool, and smooched it with his shoe....ending in, "You ladies have a good night!" We laughed about that the rest of the night.

Sunday morning, we all woke up and met David (Amber's hubby) at the Waffle House where he manages, well one of his stores. We call him the "Waffle King". Of course, I over ate like every other time I go there. The trip wasn't long enough. I would have loved to of stayed longer, like everyone else, but we had to get back to the swing of things. Kaci stayed at a kennel, and Bob & Angela's kiddo's stayed with a baby sitter as well.

Like I said above, I wish I had pictures...maybe I can eventually snag a few! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for coming! I want y'all to come down when we don't have places to be. And you can steal my pictures. I stole them from others.

    ReplyDelete