Thursday, July 16, 2009

Zucchini Bake

Tonight, I tried another yummy recipe! I found it off Cooks.com and honestly...I made up the name because for some reason, it didn't print it on the actual recipe. So, I'm calling it Zucchini Bake.

This is what their recipe called for...

2 cups chopped Zucchini
1 cup chopped tomato
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup grated parmesean cheese
3/4 cup of bisuit baking mix (I used Bisquick)
1/2 cup of milk
3 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.


I on the other hand dazzled it up a bit (I just love that word!). I added yellow squash, and actual shredded cheese at the last minute, and a 1/2 of a tube of Mild Sausage crumbled (use your own judgement has to how much)
And PS...I cheated and used Frozen chopped onions, and canned diced tomatoes!
~ Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 10 inch pie pan. (I used a reg 9x9 Baking Dish).
~ Combine Zucchini, (Squash if you'd like), tomato, onion and Parmesean Cheese in prepared pie pan (baking dish). In a small bowl, combine Bisuit mix, milk, eggs, and salt & pepper. Beat until smooth, and then pour over vegetable mixture.

~Bake in Preheated oven for 30-35 mins, or until knife inserted in to center comes out clean.
**Note: Since I used a bigger baking dish...I upped the ingredients to:**
1 1/2 cups of Bisquick
1 cup of milk
4 eggs


Right out of the oven!


And finally...on my plate! :)


Please realize that these pics were taken with my phone, so the colors do not do it justice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment